10 morning habits to transform stress to success.
One positive action in a morning can change your entire day.
I use to be such a beast in the morning, rushing around, always late, complaining and over analysing the day ahead, spilling milk, growling, missing buses and arriving to work stressed, exhausted and negative, sound familiar? What an absolute waste of life that period was. And while I’m so far away from perfect now (and always will be) I have come to realise that the morning is such an important time, one which sets the tone for your entire day, week, month, year and life.
Ayurveda, the ancient science of life from India recognises the great importance and potential a morning routine can have upon our lives and suggests various ways to implement healthy, life affirming habits, because as Mahatma Gandhi famously said, ’Your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.” Here are a few of my favourite morning habits to help create happy homes and dreamy destinies…
1. Say good morning.
3. Move slowly, a bull in a china shop never had a good day.
4. Have a nice, relaxed breakfast.
5. Make time for a chat with your family.
6. Set your alarm clock 20 minutes before you actually need to wake up to avoid having to rush everywhere (this one I’m still working on).
7. Take a few deep breaths and inhale the new day with optimism while energising your body and mind.
8. Splash your face with ice cold water to invigorate your senses.
9. Repeat a mantra especially if you feel a little anxious or unsteady about the day ahead.
10. No pressure, today is just today you don’t have to do anything extraordinary just see where it goes and enjoy.
I make a little promise to you from the heart - if you try out a few of these techniques tomorrow morning then you’ll have a really nice day. Let me know how it goes.