5 beautiful strappy sports bras for hot yoga
It’s not often you can walk around in just your sports bra, you certainly wouldn’t run around the park in one and you probably wouldn’t flounce in to your weekly Body Attack class without a vest either. But in a hot yoga class it’s perfectly acceptable, sensible in fact. Nobody cares if you don’t have perfect abs and it’s refreshing to see a celebration of all shapes and sizes as you collectively get sweaty together. And whats even better is that the sports bra has certainly evolved from merely functional into a feminine fashion piece that can make you feel proud and pretty.
I am forever loosing concentration and straining my neck in yoga, exactly what I shouldn’t be doing, when I see an array of strappy and sassy backless sports bras. They look great and I I am slowly building up a good collection of them… here are five of my favourites all under 50
1. This professional sports bra by adidas StellaSport at Topshop is a bit of a collectors item and an absolute steal at £28. The pastel colours mixed with cut-out back detail and chunky waist strap give me a sneaky feeling that may see a few of these teamed with denim cut/offs come festival season too.
2. Living in Spain I love a bit of Mango and I can honestly say that their sports bras are one of the best I have ever tried. Offering immense support, washing really well with a perfect cut. This high impact bra in contrasting shades of red has lovely mesh detailing at the back adding a touch of
sex appeal without compromising on support - and it’s on £13.99 in the sale.
3. Good old Gap, one of my all time favourites, has excelled this season when it comes to sports wear, the entire collection is lovely. I treated myself to this soft nude sports bra at the weekend and loved wearing it to teach my yoga workshop at Yoga Haven in London.
4. This sports bra is a statement piece if I ever saw one from Without Walls at Urban Outfitters.
5. Nike’s racer-back ‘Pro Indy’ sports bra is perfect for both low and high impact sports and don’t you just love the neon finish. Buy yours at net-a-porter for just £25.