Have a happy yogi Christmas this year.
I feel like there’s a little present/buying backlash in the air this year as more and more people wakeup to the true gifts of life - not those found wrapped up in boxes and ribbons.
Consumerism can be so addictive and competitive, it can send you crazy. So, if you want to give a gift this year that speaks the language of Love as oppose to the lingo of Captain Cash here are some sweet ideas…
1. Time. There is absolutely no greater gift in life than your precious time. Time with the phone off, being truly present, having a great conversation, holding eye contact and bonding. Why not try wrapping up a ’Time Token’ scribbled with a cute message like, ’My time is Yours’.
2. Walk. Whisk your loved one off for a walk in the countryside, through your favourite park and feel time and stresses slip away as you immerse yourself in nature.
3. Breakfast in Bed. It’s romantic, it’s cosy and crumbs are always best in the bed - a special surprise that will never grow old.
4. Dinner. When I went to my friend Sara’s house earlier this year and she had made a 3 course meal just for us - not for any special occasion but just because she simply wanted to cook for me, well, it really was a wonderful feeling.
5. Cuddles. Don’t forget that immense power of opening your arms to your sweethearts this Christmas morning with a smile, a hug and those magic three words which will top the best present scale ANYTIME.
Love begins by taking care of the closet ones - the ones at home. Mother Teresa