How to get beautiful beach hair without the sea…
I went to a wedding last week and wanted to wear my hair exactly how it goes after a day at the beach - tousled, natural, wild and sexy but of course popping for a quick dip in the sea before the wedding wasn´t an option so I created my own at-home version. I was super pleased with the results and received many compliments and wanted to share my simple technique with you!
I created beautiful beach hair the following way:
1. Hair treatment. Healthy hair is key to creating such an undone look for a big event so I started by applying one of my favourite hair masks, moisture velvet nourishing treatment by Shu Uermura the night before. I´d also refrained from over washing and heat treating it the week before to retain natural oils and shine.
2. Comb it through. Remember when your mother/grandmother use to tell you that princesses combed their hair 10 times a day, well it wasn´t all whimsical nonsense. When you carefully comb your hair through from root-to-tips you are evenly distributing all the natural oils.
3. Product. Apply some mousse to your roots to help give you volume. I don´t like to comb the mousse through as I like my hair to feel natural and free of any product but perhaps you feel differently.
4. Time. Allow your hair to air dry for around 30 minutes then twist it into four little knots and secure with pins.
5. Final touches. After about another 30 minutes untie, shake and scrunch-up the beach waves. Again I don´t add styling products but if you like, do!