September Survival Guide.
Transcend seasons healthily and happily with my top tips - from free exercise and recipe apps to savvy snacking and advice from the Dalai Lama.
1. Savvy snacking. Snacking doesn´t have to mean cheeky tummy tyres and nasty sugar dips. If you savvily snack on apples, almonds, carrot sticks, snap peas, bounce balls, nectarines and dried fruit you´re simply replenishing your skin and soul which will result in a healthy glow and slim waistline.
2. Free fitness apps. Don´t have the time or the money for the gym but desperate not to loose your summer bikini body? Don´t worry you can download a free personal trainer app from iTunes. The Daily Workout app offers you anything from 5 to 30 minute workouts with the option of focussing on targeted areas or the full body. Who knows what 5 minutes of abs in the morning and 30 minutes of cardio in the evening could do for your overall mood and shape http://dailyworkoutapps.com
3. Free cooking apps. In the summer we inevitable eat healthier, salads on hot days, freshly grilled fish on the BBQ but don´t be dishearten by the darkening nights. The ´No Time to Cook´ app is a fab little freebie which enables you to make a meal quickly from the ingredients that you already have in your kitchen http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/technology/iphone-ipad/
4. Make Plans. The Dalai Lama famously quoted “Once a year, go someplace you´ve never been before” - remember working too hard, squirrelling away your money and never taking a break is bad business for the soul. Plan a city break or day trip - if you book in advance you can find flights with Easy Jet to many European destinations for as little as £19.99. Having something to look forward to keeps a spring in your step.
5. Flowers. Buy some flowers for your home - or pick some weeds (I love weeds) both will add a dash of summery cheerfulness.
6. Candlelit yoga. Come in from the cold and try a candlelit yoga class, check out your local studios to find a cosy class.
7. Country walks. Drive out to the country and take a walk in the forests or fields and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of nature.
8. Facial. You might not be able to sunbathe in the park all day but you can keep glowing by booking in for a good facial. If you are ever in the capital do check out Su-Man Hsu, facialist to the stars. She has a very long waiting list but her little shack in Hampstead is definitely where super magic for skin happens.
9. Coat. Buy yourself a nice winter coat to keep you warm, snug and stylish and every-time you put on your proud purchase, smile.
10. Happy Home. Love, respect and laugh with the people you live with. If you have a happy home everything else will fall into place.