Sun salutations made simple.
Don´t shy away from Sun Salutations because you can´t touch your
toes - that´s like you saying you can´t take a bath because
you´re dirty right?
These very simple but effective sequences come in many variations and coordinate up to 12 movements into one single graceful flow. Each movement is connected with the breath and not only do they keep your spine perfectly youthful, your body strong and toned but they also provide you with the chance to connect to your energetic force, invoke gratitude into your daily life and infect your soul with a feeling of vibrancy.
Lets do it? Here are some super simple instructions. Enjoy and email me if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Standing with your feet together in Tadasana (in English? Mountain pose), thighs engaged, tummy in, spine straight and palms open. Take a moment to connect with your breath and repeat silently to yourself ¨I am breathing in calmly, I am breathing out slowly. as I inhale I am new, as I exhale I am peaceful.¨
2. Inhale - arms up, palms touch.
3. Exhale - arms float down, fold from the hips, bend the knees and touch your toes (don´t worry if this is not possible at first, in a few weeks it will come.)
4. Inhale - place your hands on your shins looking forward without crunching the neck in order to really lengthen the spine.
5. Exhale - step your right leg back and come into a runners lunge, left knee bent over the ankle, draw your heart forward, roll your shoulders down and around your back. Inhale.
6. Exhale - step your left leg back and come into a high plank position, shoulders over wrists, heels pushing away from you, bum in-line, inhale.
7. Exhale - bend your knees and elbows, touching your knees, chest and chin to the floor.
8. Inhale - roll open your chest (imagine your heart bursting through your chest like a blossoming flower) with your elbows tucked in coming into cobra. Feet push into the floor hip distance apart, relax your bottom.
8. Exhale - touch your forehead to the floor.
8. Inhale - lift the hips and come onto all fours.
9. Exhale - draw your knees up towards your torso and come into downward facing dog. Inhale.
10. Exhale - look forward and step your feet in between your hands, bend the knees and much as you need to and place the head on the kneecaps.
11. Inhale - with strong legs, engaged core and flat back inhale all the way to the top, touch the palms.
12. Exhale - hands float down by your side and come back into Tadasana, mountain pose.
There you go! You did it, your body is now pulsating with energy - it´s so good to be alive. Repeat up to six times.