I eat a lot of rice, probably too much; rice with fish, rice with veggies, rice for breakfast (sometimes!), rice pudding and I’ve probably eaten it on toast at some point, it’s Bella’s favourite meal served with tomato sauce and Ru loves it cooked with eggs so I decided it was high time to jump on the Cauliflower Rice food wagon and add a bit of variety to our ricey lives.
Here are some great reasons it’s good to try it…
1. Add volume to your meals without calories.
2. Eat more vegetables.
3. Have fun with ingredients.
4. Avoid adding extra carbs to your meal.
5. It’s really tasty, easy to make and super heathy.
Here’s how to do…
1. Buy a nice organic cauliflower from your local grocery store
2. Clean cauliflower, take the leaves off and scrape any brown spots off with a knife
3. Cut around the cauliflower core and discard, chopping the cauliflower into small even pieces
4. Pop your cauliflower pieces in to a food processor and process until evenly chopped into small pieces but not totally pulverised
5. Spread cauliflower onto a baking tray covered in coconut oil, a small layer is best and a sprinkle of black pepper is nice
6. Cook in the oven at 200°C for about 15 mins, keep checking and keep flipping
7. Enjoy with your favourite fish, dish or on its own for a super healthy snack
Now lets see what Ru Bella think! Wish me luck because I will definitely need it!