10 reasons to go on a yoga retreat.
1. You’ll relax and destress. On retreat you’ll have the chance to really unwind, zone out and relax. Many of our students come on retreat with grand plans to explore the city, visit all the museums, flea markets and shops but after their yoga and meditation classes they find themselves so relaxed, snuggled up on the beach, sofa or bed with a book doing little else, other than - relaxing.
2. Technology detox. How many times have you woken up and the 1st thing that you do, after turning off the alarm, is check Instagram, Facebook, emails, Twitter and then you see something that puts you in a bad mood or in a state of urgency or anxiety? On retreat we encourage you to place your phones and laptops in our technology detox box (you can of course have access to them whenever you need) and rather then think about the digital world, we invite you live in the real world, the present moment, the perfect world. You’ll be truly surprised at how much more time, how many more interesting conversations and beautiful things you can see, have, do and experience.
3. You’ll improve your yoga practice and gain more spiritual understanding. On retreat you’ll enjoy 2 unrushed classes a day, with time to ask questions and workshop through poses you’ve always wanted to achieve while mastering breathing techniques. Everything will start to click into place and make more sense. We’ll touch on spiritual aspects of the practice and you’ll feel the inner joy and peace that is the real you.
4. You’ll REALLY meditate. No
coffee in the morning, no breakfast before practice, silent walks by the
sea and pranayama techniques will ensure that your mind is in the
perfect place to tap into a blissful meditative place - with or without prior experience.
5. You’ll be surrounded by positive people. It’s no secret that yoga creates happy, harmonious and joyful people and on retreat you’ll have the opportunity to soak up this nurturing energy from all your peers. You might just make some new lovely friends too.
6. You’ll be
inspired. When we read a beautiful poem that touches your soul during the retreat or serve a
yummy dish that you want to recreate at home, you’ll be constantly
inspired, taking home fresh ideas and a new perspective.
7. You don’t
have to cook ANYTHING. Forget about thinking what to cook for
breakfast, lunch and dinner, forget about worrying whether to go to Pret
A Manger or Leon for lunch. We locally source (many of the vegetables,
herbs, fruits and eggs come from our family’s farm), prepare and cook
everything for you. Bliss.
8. You’ll kick start you life. Whether you’re thinking about changing career, healing after a recent break-up, embarking upon a weight loss program, changing bad habits to positive ones - going on retreat provides you with the perfect chance to start over.
9. It will make you feel even more beautiful. It probably comes as no surprise to hear that after three days of twice daily yoga classes, lots of mindful walking by the sea, complete and utter relaxation, joy and healthy eating you’ll not only have probably shed a few pounds and toned-up, your skin will also be glowing and you feel truly happy, healthy and beautiful.
You’ll appreciate home. On retreat we focus on generating gratitude for
the people you have in you life at home - there’s nothing quite like a
yoga retreat to recharge and help you appreciate the wonderful world you live in.
To book your spot on our weekend yoga retreats here in the Basque country just click here http://katwebster.wix.com/bilbaoyogaretreats#!